06 March 2007

Heading off in search of an angel

Many years ago, my friend Nora gave me a little carved wooden angel as a gift. It is only a few inches high, and the wings often fall off, and it plays a flute. It is one of my treasures, particularly since it has been joined by similar angels that Esther gave me. Right now, I have five in my collection--playing a flute, a lute, a front-style flute, a piano and a harp.

Tomorrow we leave Regensburg to travel through Munich on our way to Oberammagau region which is the home of these little beauties. This was the only place that I requested specifically to come to on this trip....and I can't wait to find the perfect one to add to the collection. I've already dusted off a spot to keep her!

That being said....who knows when we will get internet access again. I'm just letting the three of you who actually check the blog know, so you aren't worried about us :-)

4 comments:

DaveNB said...

So now to add an angel playing....synthesizer? vibraphone? euphonium? mandolin?

Hope you have a great time there.

Diane said...

Oh, I am so excited for you!! do take pictures of the area, the stores, the people !!! Ever since you mentionned this to me, I've been waiting for you to get there. Make sure you bring them in for show and tell !!!

Nora Walker said...

I am so excited that you are going to Oberammergau today. Definitely one of the quaintest most beautiful villages ever. I am sure you will find the perfect angel to add to your collection. You will tell us all about her tomorrow. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that I've bought angels for you there as well ...