12 March 2007

European Television

There are some things about Europe that I have yet to grasp, and the tv schedule is one of them. Never mind the language problems, those are to be expected. But I don't understand why it is necessary for a show to start at 8:15 instead of 8:00 or 8:30, while another channel may choose an 8:05 schedule. I'm sure there is a reason. there must be....don't you think?

On the other hand, at least I could understand Deal or No Deal in German!

Lest you think we have been spending our time doing nothing but the tube, let me assure you how wrong you are!

2 comments:

DaveNB said...

Crystal, are you throwing me a softball here? The programs are an odd length because they buy a lot of programing from countries like the Excited States of America that have tons of commercials, and in Europe they have fewer or none, depending, so they end up an odd length.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I really wanted to know (and of course, i figured you might).

The other thing is that all the commercials get bunched up together. You could almost run an an espresso by the time they finished!