05 August 2009

Old friends are the best friends...

After the anniversary party, we travelled south to see some people that we love. We were treated to fifteen minutes with one of my all time favourite young women. Oh how she has grown and changed in a year! And, I baked with her brother, and we made a favorite breakfast together, and it was all so good. These friends are so comfortable to be around, and we love them! I vented a wee bit, and now I can see that we are both so much more relaxed. It might have had to do with all the laughing around this...

In any case, I'm grateful. It is just the place we needed to be right now.

We also sought out a coffee place I wanted to visit because I've seen some of their coffee art. I'd advertise for them here, but they weren't too encouraging when I snapped this one, so I'm not going to. The coffee was pretty good...nice and smooth and all...and I appreciate the technique, but I won't travel to this particular one again. Somehow the attitude about the picture interfered with the whole experience.

Tomorrow, we head south again. It's time to start moving back towards home. We have a cat who needs us!

No comments: