04 October 2008

I didn't plan for this!

So today we had another full conference day. My first session was on peer coaching, and we actually ran through a small case presented by one of hte participants. It was quite enlightening from a process point of view, and I can see that there are some techniques that could be quite useful to me.

Later, I attended a 'top up your toolbox' session which was quite frankly, brilliant. The facilitator has become a colleague; we attended the pre-conference session together. And it was fascinating to see how different his personality was portrayed in the session. It was fun, and energetic, and he pulled out some techniques that I had never seen before, and hope to use before too long. So much information, but those three hours flew by.

And at the end of it, I won a door prize--a facilitation kit that is loaded with paper and stickies and good markers. I know that this is a good product, but quite frankly I think it is overpriced. That being said, I'm thrilled to have it. It's quality stuff, and it will last me a long time.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it home. With the materials from the pre-conference, and the conference, and this door prize, and the book I won earlier--and the one wee little book I bought, I have enough stuff, in pounds and dimension both, to double what I brought with me.

I didn't plan on that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yow you are on a roll! Awesome. Interesting to see what Sunday brings.

Have fun learning. All that work (play) I mean work.

Enjoy. M