30 September 2008

it's hard to grasp Dutch!

My French has been useful. But everything Dutch makes it hard. Signing into blogger for example! ah well, here I am.

I made it to Groningen, which is a lively little town indeed. It is market day, so I went there first. What fun. There is even a guy pulling an organ, complete with a monkey!

The train went well, and I even made acquaintance with someone who is going to the conference that I will be attending too. It was nice. She is from San Francisco, and her day was even longer than mine yesterday. Wow is she tired. Anyway, we are on different parts of town, and I confess that I am a little glad for that. I like company, but I also like to do what I want to do.

and that will be to take a hike out to where the conference will be held. Although I could bus it, I actually want to walk, but to do so without getting lost. So, now that I am here, I will post something as often as I can.

Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I always love the new sights and the old traditions you can find...

M

ccap said...

A real, LIVE monkey? Wow.