15 August 2008

on the other hand, there's such a thing as too much togetherness

So earlier, I posted about our visitor in the tree.  He's cute, he was entertaining, he's interesting. 

Tonight, 11:00 p.m. I heard rustling outside, and so down to the kitchen I trundled just to see who was checking out the yard.  This time there was not one, but two raccoons, who often walked side by side as though their tails were glued together  (they were not).   However, when they got ready to push over our Weber grill, I decided to open the door and yell at them. 

The only problem is that they thought that was an invitation for food.  They BOTH came right up to the door.  As in, there are nose prints on the window.  There wasn't an ounce of hesitation or fear in them, not a smidgeon or a pinch,  and even my banging on the window took a bit before convincing them to move to the other side of the patio.  

My husband on the other hand was downstairs in a record 3.7 seconds because of the noise I made.  

Is it just me, or is something a little bit backwards here?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mwahaha i would run too uncle martin hahahahahaha thats so funny