31 August 2008

If I could...

I would show you pictures of our trip this weekend.  It was great!  We left Friday after work and returned today.

I would show you a picture of Tremblant at night, with all the lights showing in the village against roofs of red or blue or grey. 

I would have the perfect shot of an American Kestral, knowing Dad would love its steel blue markings and perfect little size.  I would have that shot because it was right in front of me, and it stayed there for a long time.  We went to a birds of prey show that was just for 25 people, and it was so great.  There were also two different owls, an eagle, a hawk and a vulture. 

I would show you the little lake we just discovered, even though we have been there often enough. 

I would show you the duck that made us laugh because he wasn't in the mood for--well--anything.

I would show you a picture of the BEST balloon guy ever.  He's been at the village for several years, and he is so good.  What I most enjoy watching is his crowd control.  His balloon creations--backpack flowers and hummingbirds, space suits, crocodile hats (yes, ALL from balloons) are very popular, but the kids don't push or whine.  He draws a line, or chooses a wall, and he gives the last kid that squeezes in,  a sign to wear that says 'sorry, I'm the last one today' and everyone is okay with that.  It's brilliant, and it works.  Because watching him is as much fun as getting some balloon outfit to wear all day, so everyone is happy whether or not they go home empty-handed.

I might have also shown you the feast that we had in the fondue restaurant.  But maybe not, because flash photography in restaurants is VERY annoying. 

But I can't.  Because my camera forgot to come along. 

However, I CAN tell you that it was very weird tonight sitting in a Chinese restaurant listening to 'Oh my darling Clementine' in Mandarin. 

No comments: