28 February 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I love birthdays, especially my own. I think it is because I have been blessed with more than certain people thought I deserved. My favorite things are when I hear a shy voice sing happy birthday to me, and just the chance to celebrate life in general. It's so great!

Today, we are spending my birthday here; we are about half an hour away from heading over there. I'm so excited, because the whole day will be spent being warm, getting cold, resting, reading, and doing it all over again. This particular place is quiet and comfortable, and there are some gravity defying chairs that are perfect for settling down with my book. Surprising to me is that I actually remembered to bring them along!

We are also staying at the ski hill at Tremblant. Yesterday, my actual birthday, treated us to a flash freeze, and I am grateful that we made it here before that hit (though we only had about fifteen minutes to spare). The wind came up and things swirled all around. It was a little frightening. Our hotel room was upgraded to a suite, which of course is hard to handle. It has a king size bed, a fireplace, two tvs and a perfect bathroom (meaning of course that the shower functions beautifully and the tub is nice and deep). So, life is good all around!

Unfortunately, there are a couple of kids who want the computer, and they are stepping closer and closer until I am ready to move on. That`s about to happen. Besides that, a cappucino just got delivered, so I`m going to go sit by the window and look out on the lake.

Yup, my life is so very very rough!

No comments: