17 February 2007

The 21st Century


My favorite kids have a blog. One of my best friends has one. Her sisters-in-law have one. Lots of my favorite recipes come from some! And I have chosen not to have one because I type what I think and sometimes that isn't the very best thing--particularly when I type a gazillion words a minute. That's right, a gazillion. It's been clocked.

However, M and I are going on a trip soon, to Europe. This is a big deal--we are going to Germany to 'find his roots', gray ones and all. We're packing light--one carryon bag each. No checked baggage. No extras. No names and addresses unless they are stored in my brain!

It's an adventure!
And you're invited (feel special about this; not everyone is!). Assuming that I can figure out how to post, and you can figure out how to get to it.

Here's the teaser....check out this
website, and in a week, look periodically to see if we are waving back at you. We're going to try!

7 comments:

MOTH said...

I think this is an awesome idea!

Scraphap said...

Have fun

Scraphap said...

got cha

Anonymous said...

Amsterdam is drenched in history (and often in rain,I am told).

I thought you might be interested in some history of your Amsterdam hotel. In 1970 a rich American guy (I bet you can guess his name) assembled the first 9 buildings along with 4 on an adjacent street and hired Bart van Kasteel (who also designed the Leiden University Library) to converted them into a hotel. Most of the buildings on this street are converted 17th and 18th century warehouses as being on the canal, transportation was handy, #331 is of modern construction, having been built in 1970, however.

Here is some additional info from the New York Times,

"A ceramic plaque emblazoned with a marigold to the right of the entrance indicates that the lobby stands on the site of the Goudsbloem brewery and an adjoining house built in 1616. Subsequently, these were converted to a sugar refinery and then to a stable that supplied the livery for Prince William of Orange to enter the capital on Dec. 2, 1813, proclaiming the liberation of Holland from Napoleonic rule."

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Enjoy every second you two, you deserve this!!

Even though I couldn't come along (God knows I tried) even offered my 2nd born ...

Look forward to seeing your adventure!

Scraphap said...

Glad you are having fun Dad is working Midnights removing snow from Superstore parking lots and we have lots Another storm is to hit the Ottawa area coming up from the States It is cold here because we have wind everyday Windchill is -24